The fourth edition of the Malaysia Autoshow returns this year and will be held on the 26th to the 29th of April 2018. Following the overwhelming success of the previous Malaysia Autoshow in 2017, Malaysia Automotive Institute (MAI) is confident to attract more visitors to this year’s event, which promises a more comprehensive and immersive experience. For the second year running, the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 will be held at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS).
In line with the theme – ‘360-degree Mobility Experience’, the Autoshow aims to bring a more comprehensive and immersive experience to more than 250,000 visitors. This also means visitors will be able to experience longer test drives, more exciting off-road activities and many more. Some of the biggest automotive brands in the country will be taking part in this year’s show comprising of more than 100 cars, including some of the latest models in the market.
“The expansive venue facilitated longer test drives routes and allowed many exciting outdoor activities to be carried out by the participating brands, especially to demonstrate the various features in their products to visitors. These first-hand experiences for customers certainly contributed to the record-breaking sales, as well as a better outlook of what Malaysia’s automotive industry can offer to consumers today,” said Dato’ Madani Sahari, the Chief Executive Officer of MAI.
Following the success of the lucky draw that was held during the previous edition of the Malaysia Autoshow, visitors will receive the chance to drive away in a new Kia Picanto, the grand prize of the lucky draw.
The 2018th edition of the Malaysia Autoshow also promises more exciting gifts such as holiday packages within ASEAN (Flight and accommodation) for 8 lucky customers who book and purchase a car at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 (Terms & Conditions apply) and the opportunity to own a set of personalised legal tender stamps from POS Malaysia.
One of the various major highlights in this year’s Autoshow is the Intelligent Mobility Experience (IMEX). The IMEX promises visitors to get a glimpse into the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
“The IMEX will exhibit the importance of connectivity between vehicles and how this connectivity influence the daily lifestyle of consumers,” Dato’ Madani said during the media launch, yesterday. He further added, the IMEX will also display a new manufacturing process called “smart manufacturing” to demonstrate how components that promote connectivity are produced.
Beginning this year, the Malaysia Autoshow will move its dates from November to April, to allow for further expansion of attractions at the autoshow in the editions to come. The decision to move the Malaysia Autoshow to the first half of year was made in light of the world’s major autoshows, such as global motor shows in Tokyo, Frankfurt and Paris which are held in the second half of the year. The new April dates take the Malaysia Autoshow out of the packed second half calendar to allow room for the availability of better displays at the show from around the globe in the future, such as concept vehicles and latest technology related to transportation and mobility.
Some of the major highlights of Malaysia Autoshow 2018 include:
- A glimpse into the future of mobility at the Intelligent Mobility Experience (IMEX)
- A Kia Picanto for one lucky winner of the Lucky Draw Contest (Eligible to participants with a paid ticket to the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 – Terms & Conditions apply)
- The first appearance in Malaysia by the resuscitated legendary German marque Borgward, brought to you by GO Exim Sdn Bhd;
- The opportunity to own a set of personalised legal tender stamps from POS Malaysia. Just snap a photograph of you and your favourite car with a smartphone and pay RM20 for your very own set of collectible stamps that will be printed on the spot;
- Best-ever financing packages by Maybank valid only for cars purchased at the event; and
- Holiday packages within ASEAN (Flight and accommodation) for 8 lucky customers who book and purchase a car at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 (Terms & Conditions apply);
At the outdoor area, the long list of exciting activities includes:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) demonstration in a Perodua;
- Free car inspection;
- Go-kart racing;
- Mitsubishi Obstacle Course;
- Music on Wheels showcase of in-car entertainment systems upgrades;
- Off-road driving experience by 4×4 clubs;
- Toyota 4×4 Experience;
- Lane departure assist and adaptive cruise control demonstration featuring Honda Sensing technology;
- Test drives of latest models;
- Specialty themed Culture and Cuisine Pavilion; and
- Food trucks.
The entrance fee for the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 is RM10 per entry. Children below 12 years of age will be given free access, while students will gain free admission on Thursday (26th April 2018). Visitors can also enjoy discounted ticket prices by purchasing online at www.autoshow.com.my.